Wednesday, August 6, 2008

One For Good Measure


Both our kids are very good eaters. They aren't picky, they eat just about anything we want to put in front of them. Including tomatos, of which Michael and I neither like. But we've tried to encourage them to try everything and not force our likes and dislikes on them. But here of late, Lilly has been bargaining with us on bites and how many she has to eat at each meal. Now that she's four, we make her take 4 bites of whatever it is we're eating. And then just for fun one day, I said "4 bites and one for good measure". She just giggled and smiled. Who would have guessed that I could use this old saying to make Lilly eat one more bite. So now we do "one for good measure" on anything and everything I think it will work with. Ah, the joys of finding a new 'tool' in my mommy toolbox.

2 comments:

Meg said...

As I was reading this I thought FOR SURE Lilly was going to say, "Who's Good Measure?"

Anonymous said...

Very good.You are teaching our grandchildren so many things. We are so glad that you are in our family.Who would have thought.
Plus, I think Lilly gets some of her smarts from me. + +
!-----!
Love MOM